Pakistan Army have fought three declared wars against Indian Army (1947-1948(Kashmir war) 1965, 1971) and many undeclared wars of proxy or low intensity war. With the establishment of a new state a need was felt for an organized defense unit to protect this newly formed state from foreign attacks and indulgences. In April 1948 the regular Pakistan Army entered the scene.
Joining Pakistan Army after Graduation:
In Pakistan many of youngsters full of patriotic spirit and zeal opt for Armed Forces, and most of the times they have lived and grown up with the dream of serving their nation by protecting their country from all enemies. Joining Pak army after F.s.c. has an organized process for the youth having passion for joining this course as a future line.
Pakistan Army has clear cut rules and regulations for selection of candidates having completed their 4 year graduation programme and are interested in joining Pakistan army ( they can join PMA log course if they stand up to the requirements):
- 17-23 ( relaxation of 3 months)
- Minimum 5′-4″ (162.5cm)
- weight in physical standards as per BMI.
- Matric Certificate and Matric Detailed Marks Sheet (Both compulsory). In case of ‘O’ lvl/’A’ lvl, submission of Equivalence Certificate issued by IBCC is mandatory.
- 4 year graduation degree with a minimum of 2.5/4.00 gpa.
- Education, in FA/FSc minimum 60% marks and those students who have secure 60% marks above and if BA is completed than above 50% marks in fsc are eligible to apply in the Pakistan Army
- Those candidates who have domicile of area including Balochistan, FATA, Gilgit-Baltistan, District Neelum Azad Jammu Kashmir, District Kohistan, Chitral, Dir, Tehsil Bala Kot of district Mansehra in KPK, Tharparker and Tehsil Umer Kot in Sindh, District Rajanpur, Area of Cholistan Desert, Drawer Fort, Salamsar, Mojgarh and Dingarh of Punjab can have a relaxation of 55% marks in FA/FSc.
- Those candidates who are from Serving Army Soldiers having 50% marks in FA.FSc are also eligible.
- Graduate for PMA Long Course-17-23 Years
- Graduates (2 years graduation) and Serving PN / PAF Personnel
- Graduates with 4 years graduation programme (BS / BA (Hons) / BBA) with a gpa of minimum 2.5/4.00
- Certificate/Detailed Marks Sheet of FA/FSc/Equivalent.
- Computerized National Identity Card for 18 years and above or Computerized Form “B” along with Guardian’s Computerized National Identity Card (Father or Mother) for less than 18 years old.
- 6 x Colored Photos duly attested (front and back) by Principal/class 1 Gazetted Officer.
- One set of attested photocopies of above mentioned documents.
- Original as well as three photocopies of “NOT RECOMMENDED” letter by Inter Services
- Selection Board is also required for Repeater Candidates.
- Old National Identity Card and Form “B” will not be accepted.
- “Not Recommended” twice by ISSB /GHQ Selection Board.
- Declared medically unfit by concerned CMH / Appeal Medical Board.
- Enrolled cadets and recruits withdrawn / resigned / discharged / dismissed from Armed Forces (Army, Navy and& Air Force) training academies / institutions on the grounds of discipline, character, medical, inefficiency, weak profile, own request or declared unsuitable.
- An individual dismissed / removed from any other government service.
- Convicted by a Court of Law for an offense involving moral turpitude.
- A candidate can register himself online via official site of Pak army and then date and time for the test are informed through his email account.
- Another way for the registrations is via going to AS&RCs selection center along with all necessary documents and prospectus fee.
- First of all candidate have to appear in the Written/Intelligence Tests which is totally based on Multiple choice questions for English, Pak studies, Islamite and General knowledge.
- Selected candidate from the written test will call for Physical test which includes 1.6 km run in 8 1/2 minutes, 15 repetitions of Push Ups in 2 Minutes, 15 repetitions of Sit Ups in 2 Minutes, 3 repetitions of Chin Ups in 2 minutes, ditch crossing 7′.4″ X 7′.4″ with depth of 4′
- Selected candidates from physical test will move forward for the interview which will be at AS&RC
- After all that the shortlisted candidates move forward to ISSB test.
If a volunteer fulfills the above requirements he can apply for joining Pakistan Army following the above process.